Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Our school will be celebrating Provincial School Library Week by having a pumpkin/gourd decorating contest of favorite book characters. Entries may be dropped off at the library only from Monday, October 23rd through Wednesday, October 25th.
Voting will take place Thursday, October 26th & Friday, October 27th.
- You may use pumpkins or gourds or both to create your project. You can also use craft pumpkins (plastic ones).
- There can be absolutely no carved entries. Pumpkins/gourds that have carved, poked, or punctured skin will be disqualified. To decorate you can use paper, glue, paint, markers, pipe cleaners, fabric, or other craft items on the pumpkin. BE CREATIVE!
- Projects must represent a book character from a book/graphic novel. On the entry form you must write the title and author of the book, and bring the book or a picture of the book cover to display with your pumpkin/gourds.
- This is a home project and entries should be done mostly by the students, but parents or other family members may help.
- Do not write your name anywhere on the project.
- When you bring your pumpkin to Mrs. Dunn, she will take your pumpkin and entry form and assign it a number.
- All projects should be picked up by November 3rd. Those that remain past this date will be thrown away.
Categories will be: Kindergarten – Grade 3; Grade 4 – Grade 6; Grade 7 – Grade 9; Family (If there are siblings in different grades who would like to work on this together, they can enter the “Family” Category); and Staff
Any students, staff, or classes who are interested
can get an entry form from Mrs. Dunn.